Sunday, March 2, 2008

last week

Last week was rough. So much to do at school, grading, interim grades were due, all while still planning for day to day. Because I don't want to give too many details, I will just say that a student went to my boss last week to complain about her grade in my class. I am so lucky to have the support from the administration and the day after, this particular student, who had an attitude the previous day, came ready to learn with a whole new outlook. She is going to the Resource Center, meeting with me, and has a new perspective on the class. It was a roller coaster week, but in the end, I was so happy that this particular turn around happened. This student is a great kid, a leader on campus, and I really want her to do well, but she was hurting herself by putting up a wall. It was amazing to watch her transformation.

I am excited because I am going to watch Josh today and I haven't seen him in months. He is growing by the minute and I can't wait to play!

No comments: