Monday, March 17, 2008

Boston and good friends

Yeah! I am in Boston! It is wonderful to be back, see old haunts, feel the chill in the air (it snowed Sat. morning), and reminisce about the the good times I had here.

Paige's baby shower was on Saturday. It was a full house, with about 20 people showing how much they care. Both sets of parents came and we had two little ones that stole the show! It was so nice to catch up with the girls from Paige and Jeremy's wedding and see how they are doing. While the girls were setting up for the party, I took Paige out and we went to Harvard Square to walk around. I had some New England chowda, Paige had some corn chowda, and we sat and talked. Talking face to face like old times was just what I needed. Good friends are able to pick up right where you left off like there is no time or geographical distance. Then we walked to this store called the Curious George, a children's store filled with old favorites. We were oohing and ahhing over Beatrix Potter, Golden Books and classics like the Secret Garden. I wish I had a store like this back in Baltimore. I miss these kind of stores - stores that are unique and clever, and you feel like they have something important to say, like "Look at us, we are bucking the big store, department store, standardized store, system!"

Today I am excited because I am having lunch with my former roommate Sara and then dinner with Cara and Paige. Tomorrow I leave and I know I will be sad to go, but hopefully I will be able to visit this summer so I can see the new baby.

I am so excited for Paige and Jeremy. They are going to be wonderful parents.

2 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

oh it sounds like you are getting a much needed good vacation! Please convey my congrad's to Paige and Jeremy as well, and let Paige know when the baby is old enough, we are all going apple-picking!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good visit. I still think back with great fondness on the time Suzi and I came to visit you - despite the fact that you made me walk miles with a fever! Boston is such a great place.