Monday, March 3, 2008

Exciting news!

So I found out today some really exciting news! I have been accepted to the Klingenstein Summer Institute through Columbia University Teacher's College. http://www.klingenstein.org/academics/summerInstitute.html I am so thrilled and can't wait to go. It is held the last two weeks of June, right after school ends and I am going to be staying at The Lawrenceville School in NJ. It is very hard to get into, and I was just thinking this weekend that I hadn't heard anything so I was trying to let myself down gently! It is an intensive program that I ultimately will get 3 graduate credits for.

Otherwise, today I "yelled" at my students for being rude, and I got their attention by saying that if they kept talking while I or anyone else was talking that I would give them a spur-of-the-moment pop quiz without any hesitation. I am tired of their disrespect. It is getting ridiculous. Just little things like talking and not focusing. It's like they don't know what they are there for. GEEZ!

So this Institute acceptance was a bright spot! Yeah! I am so thrilled, I really wanted this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE!!!! Three cheers for h! I'm so proud of you and happy for you. Sounds like you needed a bit of a boost today. I yelled all the time when I was teaching, and my kids would just laugh. So much for Japanese kids being respectful!

Virginia Gal said...

Super exciting news H - rock on!!!

What I can't believe is that you thought you wouldn't get in, whatever, if they didn't take you they would be fools indeed : )

my mind wanders said...

Thank you guys!! I love this blog thing and being able to chat! :-) So excited.