Friday, February 22, 2008

a full day

Well, today was a snow day! Yeah! Even though there was little to no snow, and just a thin layer of ice, the powers that be took pity on us and gave us the day off. I think we all needed it - both students and teachers alike. I am very grateful.

SO after realizing we had off today @5:30 this morning, like any good snow day, I buried myself under the covers and went back to sleep. Even those few hours of extra sleep make it seem like a better day. Like you can deal with anything you face. I am glad I had those extra hours because I ended up helping a very good friend move. It was a bit of a spur of the moment move, but one that needed to happen quickly and I am glad I could be there to help. I am so happy for her to have a place of her own and I am proud of her for doing what was difficult and taking care of herself.

I hope she realizes how inspiring she is, how brave and courageous she was today, and how very proud I am of what she did. It was a very big deal.

1 comment:

Virginia Gal said...

happy to hear you got a snow day! We haven't seen a lick of snow in Denmark, despite the bitter cold, aye!