Sunday, April 25, 2010


Last weekend I spent some time with my new neice, Eloise.  She is wonderful, and I'd find myself doing whatever I was doing this week and she'd pop into my head!  What a fabulous feeling!  I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and I saw some of the classics - The Secret Garden and Jane Eyre, and I thought, I would love to give her those beautiful books.  I am so excited to watch her grow up!

Speaking of books, I thought I would make a list of some of the books in the pile on my night stand.  These are books I am currently reading and books waiting to be read.  Here they are!

1.  Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
2.  Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl (reading for book club)
3.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
4.  The Courage to Teach by Parker J. Palmer
5.  The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
6.  Every Living Thing by James Herriot


1 comment:

Virginia Gal said...

She is adorable!!! And oh yes you must bring her onto the classics - I LOVE the Secret Garden.

I have "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" on my pile as well!! How interesting!

I say don't hurry with that Number 1 Detective book, I didn't like it!