Saturday, April 17, 2010

Eloise

My sister and her husband welcomed a little girl into their family on April 15th.  Eloise Jean is a beautiful baby girl with thick black curly hair and a good set of lungs!  She was named in honor of her great grandfather Ellsworth Jared and her great grandmother Jean.

She is a special little baby we are all in love with.  I can't wait to see her and watch her grow into a strong, loving, woman.

But yesterday I also said goodbye to a good family friend.  Emily was a spark of life that shined on the friends she made and with the love she shared.  She had a deep faith in God and a commitment to showing that by example.

I think what really struck me these last few days is the beginning and end of life; the hope, renewal, and unconditional love of birth, and the grace, compassion, and strength of death.  Emily would be the first person to say this, and I know with all my heart she is in heaven watching over Eloise and singing praise.