Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

I had a great weekend with my parents.  We had a lovely Easter - went to church this morning and then drove to Gettysburg, PA to have lunch/dinner at The Dobbin House.  It was a wonderful meal - mom and I had Singapore Slings (drink) which were delicious, french onion soup, salad and prime rib.  Yes, I am full! 

The Dobbin House is a restaurant with history - everyone who works there dresses from the civil war era and the rooms are filled with antiques and charm.

Here are some pictures from today.  It was so sunny and warm - perfect day for Easter.



Also, I've been thinking of doing another 5 favorite things.

1.  Jane Austen Marathons:  During Spring Break I was on a bit of a sewing frenzy and while I was sewing I watched the entire BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and then watched Bridget Jones Diary.  Ah the British!  Sometimes I can't get enough! 

2.  Cherry trees blooming:  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year.  I especially love the early bloomers like the Yoshino cherry tree.  I just think about how brave they are - the pioneers!  And what great blooms they do give us!  Thank you!

3.  Taking the long way home:  I took the scenic route home to my parents.  It is the country way with the back roads, the twists, the hills, the horse farms and the green, green grass.  It is beautiful in the valley and makes me happy.

4.  Driving with the windows down:  Doesn't matter if you are driving around town, or driving those back roads, I love being ABLE to drive with the windows down.

5.  Start of baseball - Red Sox v. Yankees at Fenway:  Well, so far the Red Sox are losing in the sixth inning, but I never count them out.  Who knows?!?!?!

1 comment:

Virginia Gal said...

Happy Easter H!

I am so jealous of your Jane Austen festival, it sounds like so much fun!! How lovely to see so much of the delightful Colin Firth!

Also, I agree with your list about driving with the windows down, one of my favorite joys of the warm weather is being able to do that!