Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving




Well, it was a quiet and nice Thanksgiving with my parents. My sister was in Tennessee with her boyfriend, so it was just us. Dad fixed Mom and I blueberry pancakes for breakfast and Mom and I set to work preparing. We made this delicious apple pie while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We also made stuffing with dried cranberries, and prepared the turkey. Jennifer called and we also talked to other family members in New York. We got the turkey in the oven by 1pm and then fixed snacks - I made my delicious crab dip. We watched the movie WALL-E, which we agreed was a cross between the movie Short Circuit and an Inconvenient Truth. We ate a moist, tender, and scrumptous turkey (this guy was not pardoned!). It was a great day, full of Thanks and Giving.
On a similar but different note, I wanted to share an update about what is going on in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I get regular email updates about this catastrophe from Oxfam. Below is a video that was recently taken. Please go to oxfamamerica.org or this link to learn more. http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatwedo/emergencies/congo


2 comments:

mommanator said...

looks like a wonderful thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

how terrifyingly poignant. our lives of such blessings when others are suffering so much. thank you for sharing the video and for this post - very moving.