Monday, May 26, 2008

Long Weekends....

Well, I must say, that even though I was supposed to do a lot work (grading, finishing my exam etc) I haven't done any of it this long memorial day weekend. Instead, I spent Saturday cleaning and running errands; Sunday I went to my parents and we watched the new Indiana Jones movie, had a nice dinner and sat around the fire pit with our neighbors. Today I worked on a baby blanket and got it almost finished! So really, it has been a pretty relaxing weekend.

Tonight I have to buckle down and get my work done, nothing quite like procrastination!

It has finally gotten hot, summer feels like it is here and the bright sunshine is just what I needed. School is almost over, this week is review week and then exams start on Friday. I am so glad that this year is in the rearview mirror and tomorrow and Wednesday we are having parties in my classes to celebrate. :-)

SUMMER HERE I COME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks heather, now I can post comments instead of merely lurking in the shadows... be afraid. but back to topic - you have only a little more of the school year left to go! one day your students will realize how restless teachers get at the end of the year as well. :) look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you took the weekend off and relaxed a bit. I'm off to see the new Indiana Jones film with Justin this week - can't wait!! Now just have to find a girlfriend to go see Sex and the City with... So many fun summer films!

I'm sure you can't wait to finish the school year. I'd be celebrating too!