Saturday, May 3, 2008

friends....


Sometimes I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends. To be surrounded by such giving, kind, passionate, funny and compassionate people makes me happier and a better person. I think that it is rare to have so many special people in one's life, and so therefore, I feel blessed. I can honestly look back on my life so far and say that there have always been loved ones present when I needed someone the most. In times of lonliness, I don't have to look very far to see that there are people who love me all around me, but that it is me who is closing the window. I have to try to remember to keep that window cracked or even better, wide open so the breeze can blow in and stur things up a bit.

I love this time of year. Spring. Spring and fall are my favorite seasons, I think I like it because like most things, these seasons are in the gray area - not too hot, not too cold, just right. I think as I get older, I am appreciating and respecting this "gray area." This gray area is the place that most of us live most of the time. Navigating this fog can at times be extremely hard because we can't see where we are going, nor can we see where we've been. It's cloudy, murky and dark. But remembering that just like the seasons, time will continue ticking and eventually, with patience and hope, the fog will lift, the birds will sing, the sun will rise, the sun will set, and we will keep moving on. It is surviving this fog that can be difficult and that is where the friends come in.

Friends can help us move on. Long time friends have been there through these dard times. They have held our hands, cried with us and know our histories. New friends bring energy and new ideas. They can remind us to live when we need reminding.

Sorry I've got so many ramblings tonight. I feel like so much is going on with people I know, jobs being lost, medical issues, family problems and life disappointments. I wish I could make everything better. Hopefully my friends know that I love them and support them, no matter what is going on, and I hope they too will remember to keep that window open for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is your best post yet, H. So keep up the ramblings. I know I will always try to keep the window open to let you in, and if you find it closed, just keep tossing those pebbles to remind me of your friendship and love.

Thank you for the prayer. It was just what I needed.

Kxxx

Virginia Gal said...

oh thanks H - that was a lovely post. And as Maria says in the Sound of Music, "God will open a window," and that often means through your friends :)