Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! Albeit 1 day early. I took this picture of a bleeding heart flower in my mother's garden. I love it because it is delicate, feminine, complicated, vibrant and strong,- just like a mother's love.

I am posting a few other picture of my mom from her childhood, as a teenager and as a newly-wed. I am posting these because I think it is important for women everywhere, especially on Mother's day to celebrate being mothers (BTW, I use this term loosely!), but also celebrating who they were before being mothers. Pre-and Post- motherhood. It is important for all of us sometimes to remember where we have come from and who we were in order to see how much we've grown into who we are.

I also want to send a special shout out to all my friends who are new mothers (2 this year already!) and one soon to be. I know these bundles of joy are the lights of your life and I am so happy for you!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: