Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Tomatoes. Is there anything better?


Buschetta:

Ripe, sweet tomato(es), chopped, de-seeded
Basil, minced
Olive Oil
Garlic

Make garlic olive oil by smashing garlic and stirring in olive oil - stir so oils in garlic are released.  Chop tomatoes, mince basil (fresh) and drizzle oil in mixture.

The bread:
French loaf, cut in rounds
Brush garlic olive oil on rounds
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
Cracked black pepper - light
Broil until golden

Add Bruschetta and salt as desired.  Delicious!

What are your favorite tomato recipes?  I have them coming out of my ears!  :-)

3 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

oh H - your photography, beautiful, I'm salivating!! Do you cater?

Jenn said...

Hi, I just happened upon your blog and particularly liked this post! I love the title, and no, there is nothing better than summer tomatoes! I make almost anything from the tomatoes in my family's garden, salsa, chili, sandwiches, and just this year started making bruschetta. It is so delicious!
http://jenn-icingonthecake.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Broadway Bespoke Kitchens
give you peace of mind. We have been stablished for 38 years and are a proud family business that cares for our customers.