Saturday, April 5, 2008

What a week!

Well, I did it to myself, but that is what eternal procrastinators do, right? Rough week with grades and comments due on Wednesday. I had fun on Thursday night when several friends came over to watch the TV show Miss Guided. It is about a high school guidance teacher and the school she works in. It is hilarious and it reminded me of old times in Spencer watching Friends, crowded on the sofas eating pizza.

Yesterday I did a really fun lab using Betta fish and looking at animal behavior. I think the kids seemed to enjoy it, it is hard to get them excited sometimes. I think the next unit on Body Systems always sparks enthusiasm, but unfortunately, I really don't care for it too much. I'm not a doctor, don't wish to be, and usually all they ask are...."My uncle has this problem...." type of questions. ugh. Oh well, I am seeing the light at the end of the academic tunnel, and things are going to speed by the rest of the year.

Last night I came home to my parents to see them (and get some laundry done!). It was great to catch up.

This weekend will be full of grading, since they just finished a project, I have 120 posters and handouts to grade.

Oh, well, at least I don't have to write comments anymore.

When you get a chance, check this out:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/full-list-of-stuff-white-people-like/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha....that link is funny, I found it a few weeks ago and it totally cracked me up....

Virginia Gal said...

Beta fish eat goldfish...this is the only thing I remember from that science lesson, hee hee.