Sunday, April 13, 2008

Prom

So last night I went to my second prom! Yes, I was a chaperone at the BMS prom at the Belvedere in Baltimore. The room was gorgeous, huge ceiling, white linen table cloths, large dance floor, girls and boys dressed up, and their hair and make-up done. It was a great night, only a few minor mishaps (injuries-being stepped on), and it was so nice to see the juniors and seniors having fun, being grown up, and dancing to "Shout"! I had a moment when they were jumping up and down, singing and smiling, and I thought, "oh, to be young like that!". It made me smile, and reminded me why I love teaching these kids. I feel like that song can bring out the kid in anyone, and I wished I could jump right in with them. I needed that, it has been a rough year.

By the end of the night, my feet hurt and I couldn't stop yawning, but I slept in this morning, and all is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It almost makes me nostalgic for my high school years - which were dreadful! :o) I'm glad you enjoyed it, though, and it must be great to see your students really relax and be themselves.

Virginia Gal said...

Wow that sounds like a much better prom than my own was....maybe next year I can chaperone with you or something, seems like fun!