Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My new addition

Hi all,
Winston left for England and arrived safely last weekend. I still miss his BIG personality, and it was heart-breaking to see him go.  But I decided to get my own dog, and he arrived and we've been adjusting this week.  He is a 3 year old mut/mix and his name is Cooper.  He is sweet - he loves to be pet, play with his squeaky ball, and run, run, run! 

The last day of school - classes was today.  Tomorrow is Reading day, and then exams.  I can't believe the year is over!  It has been a good and tiring year.  For once, I am exhausted with my life, not my teaching life - does that make sense?  I've had so much happen in the last 5 months - I can barely wrap my head around it all.  But the school year - my teaching life - has been good.  I have felt the least in control, but you know what?  It's been ok!  Surprise!  :-)  Anyway, I am looking forward to summer, working on the house, and being with Cooper.

Thank you to all of my friends and family for their support, encouragement, and love over the last 5 months.  It means so much!

3 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

Thanks for posting pics of the dog, he is big! Wonder what his heritage is....

Get some rest my friend.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, H, he's gorgeous!!!

I hope you get some good rest now that the school year is nearly over. Enjoy the summer holidays!

Erika said...

Well, I am glad that I'm moving back so that I won't have to hear about cool stuff like YOUR DOG on the blog anymore, I can hear it in person! :) Congrats and can't wait to meet him.