Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow days bring welcome work days for teachers

AH. Nothing quite makes teachers as happy as a snow day. AH. I can now do work in the comfort of my home, without being interupted by students all day. AH. I can sit here, with my work, drinking a cup of tea, and listen to the kids sledding down the ice covered parking lot, and think, "hey, they're not my kids." I'm not responsible. :-)

It is still spitting freezing rain and the roads look terrible. Baltimore does a horrible job of salting and taking care of the roads. If this were Boston, and we only had 3 inches of snow and 1 inch of ice, the road would just be wet. Here, they are a death trap. That's what drives me crazy - although, I'm not complaining about the snow day!

Very happy to have the day off and take a mental health day. woohoo!

3 comments:

mommanator said...

I can't believe how they close schools in MD where the grandkids live. I used to walk in more snow than they call school off for? owell, my grands are loving the sledding!

Anonymous said...

yay for snow days - guilt free time off! i'm very proud of you for being productive with the time. but be sure to have some 'h' time as well.

Virginia Gal said...

I am glad you enjoyed the snow day...at least someone did : )

Did you hear Obama making fun of us WAshingtonians for being such wimps about the snow..which made me laugh, because we are that way and now we are famous for it, hee hee.